Oct 29, 2007

It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Occasionally I feel like I must be a horrible mother. Exhausted from a day's work, I face 2 children who alternate between wild and whiny. I look at them, I love them so much, however at that moment I just wish they could magically disappear. And it's at that moment when I start to feel badly. Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I'm doing something to make them this way. I should be able to manage. I shouldn't wish my children gone. They're precious, they're perfectly themselves. WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!!?

And then comes along a total stranger, some man I've never met before. And with a single song he manages to calm my fears, comfort my anxiety and help me to realize that I am not alone. I am not a bad mother, I simply am living the crazy life called parenthood.



That was brilliant! It's good to know I'm not alone!

No comments: