May 23, 2007

Technical error

If you've alread subscribed to my blog, you may be wondering why you've just been invited to view it, so I thought I would explain.

See, I thought it was a great idea to put my blog address into my e-mail signature. That way all my friends and loved ones could keep up to date on my writing and what was going on in this Koala's tree. And that was a great idea until I stepped up my latest job searching efforts. At first, I was very careful and would delete the site link out of e-mails I sent. But then, when I was really excited about getting a response from a local school I'd sent my information to, I worried so long and hard about what I was typing for a response, that I forgot to delete the link.

This is where the Koala mind goes into overdrive. Instantly I began thinking "If I were a headmaster looking to fill this position, I would try to learn as much as I could about each candidate. I would probably click any links in their e-mail signature, and ponder what any quotes might mean." And then the Koala brain thought "Oh heavens, this blog is WAY too personal to share with someone who I would hope might hire me. I wouldn't even share it with anyone I work with. This blog is for people I know and trust only!!!" So in a flury of rash thoughts and decisions, I cut off public access to the blog and made it available by invitation only.

Hence the invitation you just received. At some point I may open it back up again but only at such time when 1) the seriously personal stuff I wouldn't want said headmaster to read is well archived and there are other fluffy, happy, light things occupying the front page; 2) Said job is no longer of interest to me or I am no longer of interest to them; or 3) when I stop freaking out about this little detail that probably wouldn't make much difference one way or another.

I'm not sure which will happen first, but we'll see, and maybe I'll write about it when it does...

No comments: